Rodrixar

Saturday, July 11

Chinese Proverb | The journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step

Ancient Chinese Proverbs



from my list of Chinese Proverbs

Guess who is back?!

It's been a long time since I last wrote. Since my last post I have experienced a few things that made me appreciate life so much more. I've learned a few lessons about the power of gratitude, and the powerful things that can come out of enduring things.

After a large count of years, I have finally been given an opportunity in the fast-paced corporate world of America. I know sit in a cubicle and program a Microsoft Windows machine for some 10 hours a day, five and a half days a week. It's everything I've always wanted! The good news is that I haven't [yet] had a case of the Mondays. My department refers to me as "the coder." I love it!

Now, while my laundery dries, and while my wife surfs the web looking for apartments and expensive furniture, I thought I'd post something here so the lost children of the world won't go hungry for wisdom from Chinese Proverbs.

In my daily commutes to work, I've started listening to an audio book by Robert Greene titled, "The 48 laws of power." One of the laws states that one's absense is more valuable than his or her presence. Now that I've been gone from the web, let's try out that law and see if people go crazy when I return as the world did after Michael Jackson died his lonely death last week...

Anyway, to be hosnest with you, I just wanted to comment on one of my favorite ancient Chinese proverbs. The proverb says that,

The journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.

Well, that sounds fairly nice, however, the conventional wisdom that goes along with that is this:

The Journey of a Thousand Miles

"Sometimes...

the journey of a thousand miles sometimes ends very, very badly.

"

Peace!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you finally posted! Good to hear from you! Keep writing. We don't know what you guys are up to anymore. Hope you and Luci are well!

    ReplyDelete