Rodrixar

Sunday, September 14

Successful People have Successful Habits | Inspiring Quotes

Brian Tracy Inspires People

by Rodrigo Silveira


Wow, looks like someone's been slacking. I find it most amusing to see how my Google Analitycs keeps telling me that the daily visits for this blog has been so consistent for the last several weeks. The weird thing is that I've only posted a couple of times since then, and yet people keep coming back to see what's new. The logs show that about 90% of the visits are returning visitors (the same people), so I'm imagining that people have nothing better to read than what I have to write.

So before I disapoint someone again by not having a new post, let me get back to business. Since my last post I have done the following, as far as the blog is concerned:
  1. Picked up my Princess at the air port and spent more time with her than I have with any other life form. Life-is-good!
  2. Read The Psychology of Success by Brian Tracy (good read)
  3. Read The Luck Factor by Brian Tracy (not as good a read, but pretty nice)
  4. Bought a few new books. I made a goal for myself to built a thousand book library one day. I chose the number 1000 because it sounded like a good start, but after counting the books I already own (every single one of which I love and would not say it's a bad book/not worth owning), I was surprised to realize that I'm already a bit over a tenth of the way there. Most books I own I purchased within the last 15 months.

Anyways, let me post something about Brian Tracy's words. The main thing I wanted to blog about this week was the fact that I got myself an autographed copy of Tom Hopkins' "Low Profile Selling." I really enjoy Tom Hopkins, and I would trully attribute my [humble] success in sales to him. Such a great teacher. I'm honored to own something he personally signed.

Anyways, here's brother Tracy:

"All successful people men and women are big dreamers. They imagine what their future could be, ideal in every respect, and then they work every day toward their distant vision, that goal or purpose. "

"No one lives long enough to learn everything they need to learn starting from scratch. To be successful, we absolutely, positively have to find people who have already paid the price to learn the things that we need to learn to achieve our goals."

And my favorite:

"Successful people are simply those with successful habits."

So yeah, I also read some good ol' C.S. Lewis (The Chronicles of Narvia), but I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one reading this blog to have feasted upon such timeless words. What an impressive ending. WOW! I loved that book!

Okay, so that's all I wanted to say. For some reason the idea of writing my book came back to my mind this week. The main thing I feel could hold my book together is the set of different characters. The main plot, as some of you already heard me mention, would be my perspective of the last 100 years or so, with pretty accurate characters, settings, stories, etc. The main events would happen around the part of life where I am a part of. Nothing extraordinary, I think, but a bunch of different people from different walks of life have told me it'd be worth writing. I'm not the type of person to think much of myself in the sense that I'm the personification of greatness or anything like that. I really don't see myself being ahead of my time in anyway... but still, there have been those who tell me not to underestimate my story. So what the hell... I enjoy writing anyway. Of course, the million dollar question is: "Why did you just say all that?"

The answer: Because the thought of writing was pretty vivid this week. Why? Who knows... But two events took place that would make a good edition to the book. First my brother-from-another-mother moved away. Not anything dramatic or new, but just a good situation to illustrate a point. Or maybe a few good set of life's little lessons. He had so many friends, influenced so many, but yet, once he was gone, a good amount came to light and brought their true identity with them. I found out how some people would really surprise you if you really knew what they thought about you. Anyways, I just miss my Argentine friend, I guess. Obviously he'd make a good addition to my best-seller, but maybe he's not the reason I felt like writing this week. Maybe here's the main motivator:

So I met this girl close to two years ago. At the time things were so upside down that I either saw beyond the mark, or saw things too fuzzy that I couldn't tell what I was looking at. Either way, this young lady was a good, fun person, and we became good friends. I quickly realized how dramatic and attention-thirsty she was. Everything was blown out of proportion with her, and soon she became annoying. We parted ways, though I really thought she was a good friend. Not a lot of time had gone by and she got involved with some pretty dumb people, and developed some silly habits. The worst of which was to come to my work place dressed up like a [insert-vugar-word-to-describe-dirty-women] and try to seduce me and then ask me for money for her new school she wanted to go to. The first time she did this she brought a boy with her and asked for a mere $12,000 dollars for each of them. Several months went by and she emails me saying how much she misses me and how she sincerely wishes we could be together, blah, blah, blah... Anyways, a few more months go by and she calls me saying she's changing her name and moving to New York. The reason for the name change was that someone had been trying to kidnap her or something. I'm good friends with her mom, and I found out she was making up the whole kidnap story, but supposedly her real name was legally changed.

So then this week she emailed me and a bunch of other people (amazingly enough all of us were guys. Not a single girl was in the list of recipients) saying how she had committed suicide. Of course, she emailed us from a different email account, so it looked like someone else had written the email. The name signing the email was her new name, so I personally know she's faking the whole thing. But here's the ironic/funny part: She emailed everyone twice! The first email came from her original email account (with her original real name as the signature), then emailed us all again from a different account. Sounded only a bit suspicious from someone that doens't know her too well. Of course, anyone who has read her emails could also tell that she was the one who wrote this email. Doesn't take a genious to figure out it was her misspelling the words like, "passed on" (pasted on), "passing" (pasing), "decision" (decisen), "quite" (quit)...

Anyways, some people's children... Dear goodness... Somehow I saw her story adding an extra kick to the spice of life to be contained in the book, if it ever gets written, of course... Anyways, I need to wake up early so I can go see my honeybunch and go worship together with her. I'm so in love with this young'n! Good times! Luci has taught me how to take the seconds out of time. She's taught me how to write poetry without a single rhyme. She has shown me what true love is. - Good Night

1 comment: