Rodrixar

Saturday, August 23

Lonely Amidst an Ocean of Familiar Faces | Short Inspiring Sayings

Missing Better Half

by Rodrigo Silveira



This week was one of a kind. What would you do if you get inspired to such a high degree that absolutely nothing can stop you? That's what I did, I unstopably worked as productively as I know how, produced all that was expected of me at work, put in some major time into my relationships, balanced my financial life, gave good attention to my physical and spiritual life, and at the end of it all, I found 5 hours to dedicate to helping my brother to fix his deck. Every hour of this past week I had a purpose and things to do and goal to accomplish. The whole week had been designed before it started.

The day the week began, however, I was taken by surprise as a certain event pushed me out of my gravitational order. I had no idea how to act or react, but by instict did I proceed. Turned out my move was wise and effective. Things were put in order and a great weight was lifted off my chest. From that day on I was positioned in such manner as to be able to do my thing and attract the things that I had planned on acquiring this week. Success in absolutely everything I set out to do! The only thing is that something is missing. I feel good, I have abundant results to show, several pages documenting the experiences, valuable lessons learned, insights gained, inspiration to guide me through many other weeks of productivety like this one. However, I have come to realize that my new-found solitude, as healthy as it may have been so far, should not and must not last longer than a few days. Maybe a couple of days is enough to reflect, refocus, make the adjustments necessary, and to enjoy the absence of influences. But soon enough I must get back to what I'm here to do.

Anyhow, I wanted to write today mainly to share an exercise I have been doing from the Jim Rohn Leadership Event (2004). The exercise was taught and assigned by three of four different speakers. This is what it is: You realize that if you can dream something, there's no reasonable reason you should not be able to achieve/become/acquire it. If the WHY is strong enough, the HOW will take care of itself. Remember the 80/20 rule... Anyway, so you take a piece of paper and write down as many things as you can think of that would totally do it for you. What are 10, 50, 100 things you would like to do before you die?! These are not things you wish you could do, but things that you would love to do. Write down the big things, monumental things, daring things, little things, etc. So far my list includes a hundred and twenty three items, but I'm not stopping for another day or so. I have also been keeping a list of things I have already done so I can see how far I have already come. I find it to be a good motivator as you see that you're better than you might give yourself credit for.

Anyways, then once you have a list going, sort it by time. The ones you can do within the year first, then the ones that will take a couple years to accomplish, several years, etc. Just this last Friday I was able to check off a trip I had been wanting to go on for almost an ENTIRE DECADE! I'll be posting pictures of these accomplishments soon, so whoever wishes to try this out can see how it's working out for me. It really works! Gives you more meaning to your life. Also gives you something to do so you can constantly be in a position to produce at all times.

And last of all, I just want to mention how much I love a very significant girl in the sky with diamonds. Being away from her is no fun. Food has lost its taste, time has stopped, music no longer rhymes, the sun no longer illuminates, shines, or radiates... Life is just plain boring without you, Luci... this is what I look like without you by my side =(

Rodrigo Silveira [overcomable-unless-your-soul-already-gone]

No comments:

Post a Comment