Rodrixar

Tuesday, July 29

The only thing wiser than saying very little is saying nothing at all | Wise Quotes

Daily Inspirational Quotes

by Rodrigo Silveira


Thank you once again for checking out my little blog. Looks like it has indeed been over 430 hours since I last posted something. According my my google analytics there has been a steady number of people from 3 continents and seven countries checking up daily to see what else I have to say. But the truth was that I didn't really have anything to post that other people hadn't posted already elsewhere. So now I have decided to move away from the ancient proverb business, and continue to stay far, far and away from the average "this-is-how-my-day-went-with-my-dog-yesterday" that you read about in 90% of the blogs out there (ps. that number was made up, based on an educated guess worth realing upon).

After thinking, pondering, reflecting, and meditating on what I could do to make this blog useful, entertaining, unique, fresh, and helpful to myself and to others, I have come to the conclusion that maybe I could post the little things I write on my journal throughout the week. What I like to write on my precious journals are things I learn on my day to day life. Some people call it the 3 L's, or Life's Little Lessons. You may not realize it or believe it, but I have a goal that I set for myself a while back, which I'm very religious about keeping and have been very successful with it, and that is to read one book every 10 days or so. I'm not a fast reader at all, so it takes me a while to get through most books, but I do finish a good 2 and a half books every month. And that is one of the great sources of wisdom, inspiration, motivation, and learning for me.

So with all that being said, that's what you should be expecting from this blog from now on. I'll try to post at least every 10 days or so. I'll try to keep up with a weekly schedule, but don't get discouraged if you don't see a new post after a week. I promise to have a new, brief and meaningful (and easy to understand) post no more than 10 days after the latest one.



And before this post gets to be a useless beast on its own, let me go ahead and post some things that have been on my mind since a few months ago, since the day I watched a play with the soon-to-be newest member of the ANT (not aunt) family. (we watched a magnificent play called "The Curious Savage")

  • "He can't play but does, and I can play but won't"

This is one of the lines from the play. One of the characters would always play a trumpet like he knew how, but it sounded horrible (most characters from this play are mentally insane). Then this other guy, a very fine and intelligent gentleman, who knew how to play the piano very, very well, wouldn't ever use his gift, tell others about it, or ever share his tallent at all. Who do you think was the wise man and who was the foolish man in this situation?

  • "Freedom is the right to make the wrong choice"

Another powerful quotation from the play. Pretty self-explanatory and needs no penetrating, thought provoking question to stimulate the brain.

So that's probably enough for this week. I know it's only two citations, but should be enough to entertain some thinking in the right direction. One of the books I finished last month was one I will treasure as one of the best in my library. It's called "The Richest Man in Babylon," by George S. Clason (isbn 0-451-20536-7, only a 144 pages, could be read in a few hours by the average reader).

Thanks again for supporting my blog, everybody. Makes me happy to see an unusually high number of visitors every day in a website with so little content, very crude container, and not very well managed and seldomly (up to yesterday) updated.

Rodrigo Silveira :: [frictionless-information-flow]

No comments:

Post a Comment